Naruto: Will of Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Repairing a Boat

2 posters

Go down

Repairing a Boat Empty Repairing a Boat

Post by Takeshi Kaguya Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Type: Task
Client: Skipper
Minimum Posts: 3
RPTs Rewarded: 10
Description: Skipper, the legendary rowboater who used to carry individuals across the river for a very small fee, and allow them to watch the beautiful landscape, has a problem. His boat has been smashed by ruffians! Help Skipper repair his boat in time for his busiest season of the year, or find him a new job. The Great Naruto Bridge may be a place to look at if you decide on the latter.
Takeshi Kaguya
Takeshi Kaguya

Ninja Info
OOC Name: Leon
Title: Genin

Back to top Go down

Repairing a Boat Empty Re: Repairing a Boat

Post by Takeshi Kaguya Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:17 pm

The summer had come more violently than the previous. The sweltering heat kept most well-minded people to the little comfort they had in their homes, and thus closed down many services. The people didn't want to work in the heat, especially physical labor, and that kept men such as repairmen at home. With the repair men home there was no one to fix things, and with no one to fix things then such objects go unfixed.

Takeshi stopped.' The damn people, the lazy scum, they refused to work in the heat. The heat of all things!' A cold, unforgiving expression was neatly painted on his face. 'They expect things will just go on without them!' Takeshi gripped the hilt of the masamune at his belt with anger. He quickly snapped into silence when he heard a man call his name from outside of the city gates.

"Takeshi!!" The man yelled, a huge smile was plastered across his scruffy beard. He waved, motioning Takeshi over, and so he did, stopping just in front of the man. "So shall we go then?" He said, in a very lax tone of voice. The man nodded back to him, banging his fist against his chest; "Ok, you come with me! I'm tha best!!!" he yelled as he turned and started leading the way to the Great Naruto Bridge.

1/3
Takeshi Kaguya
Takeshi Kaguya

Ninja Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Kaguya Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:28 pm

The trees provided mediocre relief from the ever present rays of the sun. They were sweltering, but oh was the shade enjoyable. Takeshi stuck to the side of the road in the most shade, avoiding the middle and pacing himself. He figured they were almost here by now, they had been walking for quite a while and the man ahead of him seemed to have picked up his pace. The trees slowly started disappearing and soon Takeshi was walking down to a small dock.

The dock was fairly well maintained with a few piles of rope and fishing net here and there. The man led Takeshi to an older man with silver hair, he stopped and the older man turned around. Takeshi spoke first "You're Skipper I suppose?" The man let out a chuckle "I sure am, you must be the Genin they sent me from the Mist, did they give you your orders?" Takeshi nodded looking over to the end of the dock at a boat that was fastened to it above the water with a hole in the side. "We woulda fixed it our selves but thanks to the heat no one delivers supplies here anymore, so that's where you come in." Takeshi ran his hand through his hair and spoke; "Figured."

He pulled a small pouch out of his robe with some tools in it and walked over towards the boat.

2/3
Takeshi Kaguya
Takeshi Kaguya

Ninja Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeshi Kaguya Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 am

The hole on the side of the boat looked a little larger from up close then it did originally when Takeshi arrived. He studied it for a while, tapping his thumb on the tip of his masamune as he stared at the tool kit he had laid out on the floor beside the boat. 'Where has this man been rowing, the desert?' He continued staring at the break, and then an idea popped into his head. 'If I cut the jagged break and even it out, I could probably find a piece of wood that could be glued in..' He drew his sword and with a few quick slices a squared piece of wood popped out of the side of the boat and into the river.

Takeshi then leaned forward, reaching for a wooden plank to the left of his tool kit and standing straight back up. The tension of the plank wasn't too high as to force it to break when force was applied, but it wasn't to loose to where it was straight as an arrow. He shaped it and cut it to the right size with a quick draw of his masamune and grabbed the glue from the tool kit. He poured the glue along the outside of the plank and fit it into place on the boat and waited for a while until it finished drying. "Hopefully i'm not back here again to fix this damn boat." He dropped the boat in the water, saw that it floated and knew his job was done.

The men both approved and sent him back on his way with huge smiles on their faces.

3/3.

finished.
Takeshi Kaguya
Takeshi Kaguya

Ninja Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zephyr Uchiha Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Approved. +10 RPTs
Zephyr Uchiha